Data Types in C++ – tccicomputercoaching.com
In computer science and computer programming, a data type is a grouping of data through which the compiler or interpreter can know how the developer expects to utilize the data. Most programming languages support various types of data, for example:
12 , 67.90, ‘c’, “hello!! Tom”
As a human being we can differentiate all values are different, but machine can’t differentiate. So, we have to inform compiler which type data is being used.
There are main 3 categories in C++ Language:
- Built in Types:
- void – valueless special purpose type which we will examine closely in later sections.
- int – integer: a whole number.
- e. 45,6789
- float – floating point value: a number with a fractional part.
- e. 56.89
- char – a single character.
Four types data there are:
- a) small a to z
- b) capital A to Z
- c) 0 to 9 digit
- d) other symbols like tab, space,*,>,?,$ etc.
i.e ‘x’, ‘c’, ‘1’,’*’,’#’ etc.
- User Defined Types:
- Derived Types:
Call us @ 98256 18292
Visit us @http://tccicomputercoaching.com/