Why pointer is used in Programming Language? tccicomputercoaching.com
- May 10, 2019
- Posted by: Riddhi Dhandha
- Category: Programming Language Course
A pointer represents the address where the data resides in memory. Dereferencing the pointer (*ptr) reads the value from the address or assigns a new value at that address.
There are lots of reasons to use pointer in Programming:
- To dynamic allocate in your memory.
- Pointers allow you to refer to the same space in memory from multiple locations. This means that you can update memory in one location and the change can be seen from another location in your program.
- User can use pointers any place where they need to obtain and pass around the address to a specific spot in memory.
- In some cases, function pointers are required to use functions that are in a shared library.
- In Data structures pointer is very useful, node link pointers for special tree.
Call us @ 9825618292
Visit us @ http://tccicomputercoaching.com/