Important Of Object Oriented Programming – tccicomputercoaching.com
- May 4, 2020
- Posted by: Riddhi Dhandha
- Category: C++ Programming Langauge at TCCI
Object-oriented programming (OOP) is a programming model based on the concept of “objects”, and “code”.
Object: Which may contain data, in the form of fields, often known as attributes;
Code: In the form of procedures, often known as methods.
In the class-based object-oriented programming model, “object” refers to a particular instance of a class where the object can be a combination of variables, functions, and data structures.
The first step in OOP is to identify all the objects the programmer wants to manipulate and how they relate to each other, an exercise often known as data modelling.
In object oriented programming once object is defined of class type, memory has been allocated as per object. Whatever data member and member functions are declared in class, they all can accessed through only object.
Objects communicate with well-defined interfaces called messages.
One of the principal advantages of object-oriented programming techniques over procedural programming techniques is that they enable programmers to create modules that do not need to be changed when a new type of object is added. A programmer can simply create a new object that inherits many of its features from existing objects. This makes object-oriented programs easier to modify.
The most important Feature is that it’s procedural and object oriented nature.
Object-oriented programming (OOP) focuses on creating objects that contain both state and behaviour.
Inheritance, encapsulation and polymorphism, are main the three primary characteristics of object-oriented programming.
Inheritance enables you to create new classes that reuse, extend, and modify the behaviour that is defined in other classes.
The class whose members are inherited is called the base class, and the class that inherits those members is called the derived class.
Key factors of Object Oriented Concept:
- OOP provides a clear modular structure for programs.
- It presents a simple, clear and easy to maintain structure.
- It enhances program modularity since each object exists independently.
- Data is hidden and cannot be accessed by external functions
- Follows bottom up design in program design
- Objects can be reused in other program.
- It is good for defining abstract data types.
- Implementation details are hidden from other modules and other modules has a clearly defined interface.
- It is easy to maintain and modify existing code as new objects can be created with small differences to existing ones.
- objects, methods, instance, message passing, inheritance are some important properties provided by these particular languages
- Encapsulation, polymorphism, abstraction are also counts in these fundamentals of programming language.
- It implements real life scenario.
- In OOP, programmer not only defines data types but also deals with operations applied for data structures.
If you like this post, please like and share this post.
To Learn More TCCI
Visit us @ tccicomputercoaching.com
Call us @ 98256 18292