Learn Java FX Layouts at TCCI – tccicomputercoaching.com
- April 10, 2020
- Posted by: Riddhi Dhandha
- Category: Java course at TCCI
Layout panes are containers which are used for flexible and dynamic arrangements of UI controls within a scene graph of a JavaFX application. As a window is resized, the layout pane automatically repositions and resizes the nodes it contains.
javafx.scene.layout Package provides various classes that represents the layouts.
The classes are described in the table below.
|Organizes nodes in top, left, right, centre and the bottom of the screen.
|Organizes the nodes in the horizontal rows according to the available horizontal spaces. Wraps the nodes to the next line if the horizontal space is less than the total width of the nodes
|Organizes the nodes in the form of rows and columns.
|Organizes the nodes in a single row.
|It is the base class for all the layout classes.
|Organizes nodes in the form of a stack i.e. one onto another
|Organizes nodes in a vertical column.
Steps to create layout
In order to create the layouts, we need to follow the following steps.
- Instantiate the respective layout class, for example, HBox root = new HBox();
- Setting the properties for the layout, for example, root.setSpacing(20);
- Adding nodes to the layout object, for example, root.getChildren().addAll(<NodeObjects>);
To learn JavaFX at TCCI.
Call us @ 982561892
Visit us @ www.tccicomputercoaching.com